Monday, January 16, 2006

Podcasting with Apple Garage Band

Well, I had said I would record my trials and tribulations using Apple's new podcasting feature within Garage Band.

I didn't have any!

There weren't any really big problems trying to do my podcast for the first time. You bring up Garage Band, specify that you're creating a podcast, you record your voice in a "Male Voice" or "Female Voice" track, you drag-and-drop the music in from iTunes (a little window on the side) and you can move everything around however it should fit.

It's really easy and it really works. I've created a Web page to host the podcast, that was equally quick and effortless.

I haven't uploaded the podcast yet, but I don't think that will be a big problem either. And registering it with iTunes is just a press of the button.

So far so good, faithful readers! I'll let you know if it gets more difficult.

Here's what I have left to do:

- record my interview with naturopath Patty Shipley tomorrow
- put all the pieces together in Garage Band
- upload it to dotMac and publish it to iTunes
- let all my e-mail recipients know about the podcast

That's it! Maybe there will be more problems to come, but I don't think so.

Here are my thoughts a few days later. I'm still happy with the process, overall.

No comments: