Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Another View of the Bosnian Pyramid

I was introduced to a blog yesterday that has an alternative view of the Bosnian Pyramid problem.

Click here to read it. Unfortunately, the blog entry just quotes from Archaeology Magazine, but in his comments to me, this blogger said that he believes that the pyramid is just a "pyramid shaped hill" and the underground passageways could be "mines from Roman times." Good points, all.

Is he skillfully showing amateurs what the facts really are, or is he blindly following whatever the establishment tells him? He wasn't able to respond to my questions about how to respond when the establishment has been wrong so many times in the past, whether in archaeology, physics, healthcare, or whatever.

But still, it's worth looking at all sides of this debate. It's not that the establishment is always wrong, but it is certainly dangerous to blindly follow them into a canyon.

2 comments:

Ron said...

Thanks for the link. I've a major update in the works if only I can find some time to gather all my notes.

I'm not blindly following anything, but rather investigating what the best explanation is for the facts.

Ron said...

"how to respond when the establishment has been wrong so many times in the past, whether in archaeology, physics, healthcare, or whatever."

I'm not talking about the "establishment". I'm talking about science.

What's wrong with being wrong in science? It's part of the process: finding ways to prove hypotheses wrong...